Sophia Antipolis launches its first competition dedicated to innovative projects
SophIA Masters 2021
Gathering ideas/solutions for commercial applications based on artificial intelligence by harnessing territorial data.
Co-organised by the Paca East Incubator and the Sophia Antipolis Urban Community, the first edition of this competition will help support AI project directors to develop and market new innovations.
The competition is open to all candidate profiles (researchers, employees, students, job seekers, etc.). Projects will be pre-selected with particular regard to the following:
- An idea or projectformalised with a certain technical, economic, team and legal maturity.
- The project’s innovative nature: the proposed technology, concept or service relies on artificial intelligence for its use
- Installation site: the project director commits to implement the project in Sophia Antipolis
- To encourage young innovators to create innovative start-upswith strong potential for value creation in the field of AI.
- To consolidate the technological added value of start-up projects by connecting them to research laboratories and to value-creation partners.
- To springboard the winner(s)into an entrepreneurial support andtraining programme.
- To strengthen their visibility in their ecosystems to develop the entrepreneurial culture in the very heart of Sophia Antipolis.
- To help boost the attractivenessof Sophia Antipolis for AI start-ups.
Dates for your diary
The projects will be analysed by a jury which will take into account the following criteria:
- The serious nature of the innovative company project
- Promotion of a technology stemming from French public research in AI
- Development of an AI technology in its own right
- Participation in the HackAtech Sophia Antipolis project
- Credibility of the team directing the project
- Potential for value creation in the local area and involvement in one of the priority sectors
Persons directly involved in the competition organisation or in project selection may not present or take part in a submission for the SophIA Masters competition.
Projects found to have legal irregularities (intellectual property, legal activities, sector-specific regulatory framework, etc.) shall not be eligible.
Fill in the form
Apply to Sophia Masters
La première phase d’inscription est terminée, restez connecté pour la suite.