The innovation cluster - Project sheet
The Innovation cluster will be the gateway to the Sophia Antipolis economic ecosystem.
Its vocation is to be a symbolic place for cross-fertilisation; inviting a number of players to invent collaborations in its 10,000m² area:
- Assistance and business-creation stakeholders
FEATURES OF THE PROJECT
THE INNOVATION CLUSTERwill focus on high innovation potential areas (intelligent vehicles, sustainable development, energy performance of buildings andtraveltech) and will provide incubation, accommodation,start-up and key account development, collaborative working spacesand event and demonstration areas. In parallel, the Alpes Maritimes Departmental Council intendsto house the future Maison de l’IA [AI House] inside the innovation cluster, in the context of the 3IA accreditation awarded by the state this year.
It embodies a new model of competition and innovation, to fulfil the ambitions of Europe’s leading technology park and its digital heritage. The building was designed as a living space, with open and modular working areas to encourage collaborative working, skills exchange, partnerships, synergies, and open innovation. The property development, including the Maison de l’IA, built around public spaces and shared facilities (transport, etc.) represents a total built area of approximately 10,000 m² of floor area.
- An Innovationshowcase with the site showroom
- Stimulation of cross-fertilisation in the relaxation area which brings together different individuals who do not always have the opportunity to meet one another and who thus have a unique chance to get together and exchange ideas.
- Greater understanding of the core component of the Sophia Antipolis technology park thanks to the activities which co-exist inside the building = territorial marketing
- • Support for innovation with essential objectives such as AI, intelligent vehicles, sustainable development, energy efficiency of buildings, traveltech, etc.
- A place for living, meeting, exchanging and sharing: conferences, exhibitions, workshops, debates, meetings and events
2021 > 2023
- Sophia Antipolis Urban Community (CASA)
- Sophia Antipolis Joint Association (SYMISA)
- Alpes Maritimes Departmental Council